Introducing the Pushes Report
The Pushes Report counts the number of pushes per branch within a selected timeframe. This number is equivalent with the number of pushes listed in Mercurial’s pushlog, like for example the mozilla-central pushlog.
In addition, the report brakes down the number of pushes per time intervals, listing for example how many pushes were there every 2 hours within a day, or every day within a month or week, or even every month (~30 days) within a year.
To see exactly how pushes are fetched from the Scheduler Database, and what restrictions are applied on them, see Pushes Query.
URL & Parameters
The Pushes Report can be accessed at the following URL:
- format – format of the output; allowed values: html, json, chart; default: html
- starttime – start time, UNIX timestamp (in seconds); default: endtime minus 24 hours
- endtime – end time, UNIX timestamp (in seconds); default: starttime plus 24 hours or current time (if starttime is not specified either
- int_size – break down results per time intervals of this length if value > 0; values are specified in seconds; default: 7200 (2 hours)
- branch – comma separated list of branches; displays results only for branches in the list; default: ” (all)
- tqx – used by Google Visiualization API (automatically appended by the library), relevant only if format=chart; default: ”
1. Daily Report
- timeframe: Sep 22 (1 day)
- interval size: 2h (7200s)
- branches: all (default)
- url: <hostname>/reports/pushes?starttime=1285138800&endtime=1282546800
- busier in the middle of the work hours, less busy at night, however this is not the usual case! The number of pushes during a day varies very much from a day to another. The day of the week, release development cycle stage or other external factors greatly influence how the chart looks.
2. Weekly Report & Branch Filtering
- timeframe: Sep 13-20 (1 week)
- interval size: 8h (28800s)
- branches: mozilla-central, try
- url: <hostname>/reports/pushes?starttime=1284361200&endtime=1284966000&int_size=28800&branch=mozilla-central,try
- busier in the middle of the week, less busy on weekends (as expected)
- compare only branches of interest/relevant for a more clear view
All reports have column chart versions:
3. Monthly Report
- timeframe: July 1-31 (1 month)
- interval size: 1 day (86400s)
- branches: all
- url: <hostname>/reports/pushes?starttime=1277967600&endtime=1280559600&int_size=86400
- you can distinguish the weeks apart within the month, with little activity on weekends
- the gap at the beginning of the chart is the Summit week🙂
4. Annual Report
- timeframe: June-Sep (4 months – we only have data as of June)
- interval size: 30 days (2592000s)
- branches: all
- url: <hostname>/reports/pushes?starttime=1275375600&endtime=1285830000&int_size=2592000
- compare the activity from a moth to another
- the interval is exactly 30 days, and not the number of days in that month!